Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, storage and closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our extensive customer base includes cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstores. With over 110,000 product offerings, 72 distribution centers, and a state-of-the-art field force that passionately serves over 80,000 customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever-changing industry.
As Richelieu has recently celebrated 50 years of successful business since our humble beginnings in 1968, we understand the significance of a strong set of Core Values. Richelieu stands behind these Five Core Values and serve as the guiding principles of everything we do: Customer Focus, Innovation, Performance, Respect/Integrity/Ethics, and Ownership.
These values are what provides Richelieu the strength to live out our daily Mission: Enable our customers to profitably grow their businesses through the design and creation of exceptional kitchens, closets, and storage spaces.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Associate to join our team of professionals in Lincoln Park, NJ.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
The Warehouse Associate will work with other members of the warehouse team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction. Duties may include keeping material organized and ready to ship, ensuring correct items and quantities are packaged in the most efficient manner, and selecting warehouse merchandise to replace items sold. He/she will represent the company in a highly professional, safe, and cost-effective manner that complies with all safety and other applicable regulations.
- Handle inventory as a warehouse helper, shipping and receiving helper, or traffic helper
- Sort and organize merchandise so that it can be easily located
- Keep records of items received and damaged merchandise returned
- Tag and place inventory as it is received from vendors
- Maintain quality control standards by checking items as they come in
- Check product against orders for accuracy
- Ensure all orders leave the facility in a manner consistent with Richelieu Core Values
- Select the most efficient and cost-effective packaging option
- Safely operate forklifts and other warehouse equipment as required
- Maintain a safe driving record free of violations
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm
What We Are Looking For
- Related experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent driving record free of violations
- High School diploma preferred
- Must be able to operate, or be willing to learn how to operate, a forklift and Hi Lo machine
- Need to be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive market-based hourly rate
- Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Corporate discount program
- Workplace Wellness program