Security Officer/Guard - Lincoln
SECURITY GUARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
SECURITAS SECURITY SERVICES is seeking several high quality, extremely friendly individuals to fill security guard positions in Lincoln, Seward & Columbus. The ideal candidate would possess a positive attitude and professional demeanor and work etiquette. These security officers are held to high standards by our clients, and are called upon to perform a wide variety of functions. Knowledge and comfort with computers is important to perform access control, foot patrols and building checks, creating access badges, and multi-tasking on a constant basis.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY? GIVE US A CALL AT 402.488.9011
- Paid vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Free uniforms
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow post orders
- Access control
- Patrol premises
- Report suspicious activity
- Respond in emergency situations
- Preserve order
- The ability to utilize a tablet, computer or smartphone.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.