For over fifty years, American Fence Company is the industry leader throughout the Midwest for residential and commercial fencing, access controls and barrier security.
This position is a high administrative, management and coordinating position. Working in cooperation with sales, superintendent and management, the project coordinator will coordinate hundreds of installation projects from quotation, installation to final billing.
The project manager is the backbone of our business. The Company relies on this position to assure that all projects move through the sales, installation and billing process in a timely fashion while maintaining profitability and eliminating any undue liabilities.
This is an exciting position working in a very fast paced environment. You would be working with a professional and highly seasoned staff. Our company operates several divisions that give us a one of a kind bench strength in safety, custom metals, fabrication, transportation, installation, automated access controls, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of working in a team environment with several different positions and multiple initiatives.
- High need to win and aggressive spirit.
- Considerable self confidence in directing others and making demands.
- High order of organization and systematic practices.
- Capable of higher level computer word programming, Excel spreadsheets, and basic accounting practices.
- Great aptitude and ability to quickly learn.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications.
- Strong ability to maintain and establish accountability.
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel, employees and vendors. A desire to bring people together.
- Ability to be flexible, handle a variety of tasks, and manage multiple tasks.
PROJECT AUTHENTICATION: The project coordinator will review all commercial proposals and contracts to verify that the information is agreeable to American Fence Company standards. If not, the project coordinator works with the staff and customers.
SCHEDULING MEETING: The project coordinator will lead all scheduling meetings to review current project status and outstanding issues. The project coordinator will direct sales staff in completing project requirements to prepare project for installation, billing and completion. The project coordinator in cooperation with the superintendent will schedule projects for installation.
CUSTOMER CARE: Upon receipt of any customer concerns, the project coordinator will work to resolve concerns with superintendent and sales staff.
CUSTOMER BILLINGS: Upon completion of the project, the project coordinator will process the project for billing and bring the project to a close.
PROJECT PREPARADENESS: The project coordinator will assist the superintendents in preparing for projects.
PROJECT REPORTING: The project coordinator will identify all plan room projects and list accordingly on the bidding list. Each week, the project coordinator will review the project list with the estimators to assure all projects are under review. The project coordinator will record and assign all private projects to assure all work is bid timely. In cooperation with other administrative staff, the project coordinator will schedule all residential project leads.
PROJECT COSTING: The project coordinator will assist in performing job costing to assure profitability based on establishing and comparing project information.
PURCHASING: The project coordinator will process purchase requests based on project costing to assure costs are covered and materials are ordered.
Five years in construction, project management
Computer Skills: Advanced working knowledge using Excel , Word, Accounting Software, standard computer practices, and webmail transmissions.
Five years of managing operations personnel.
Experience creating in best practices.
Experience in working with a database or project management software.
Ability to work varied hours to meet specific project and seasonal demands.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer an excellent benefits package, including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Optional Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- 401K with a Company match
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays and Personal Days
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer