Department: Player Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Introductory Pay Rate: $13.89/hr.
Minimum Age: 21
Responsible for acquisition, retention, growth, and reactivation of players. Utilizes relationship building, property amenities, events, and player offers to generate revenue by creating additional trips. Acts as an ambassador of the Winner’s Circle encouraging enrollment within the club and provides complementary services to entice continued gaming. Assists in the implementation of promotions, special events, tournaments, parties and other duties as needed.
- Act as an ambassador for the casino and displays a professional manner at all times.
- Encourage new membership to the Winners Circle.
- Encourage new membership to the Winners Circle and repeat trips with a focus on VIP players.
- Respond to all guest correspondence in a prompt, friendly, professional manner.
- Prepares guest confirmations of reservations or cancellations using current offers or complimentaries.
- Knows the layout and amenities of all guestrooms including special features, locations, etc.
- Queries player tracking systems to identify hot players, incliners, and decliners.
- Updates Host Viz database with communications and preferences.
- Able to reach individual and departmental sales goals.
- Provide complimentary services from the player tracking reward system and fully understand the reward program, group tracking, player evaluation and complimentary provisions.
- Assist with the implementation of assigned parties, promotions, special events and tournaments, on and off-property events.
- Communicate directly with guests-in person, over the phone, via email, and text messages to increase trip frequency.
- Work closely with the Winners Circle and assist as needed.
- Be well versed and up to date on all events, promotions and able to answer guest questions.
- Provide information regarding local area tourist spots, attractions, restaurants, and services. Provide accurate directions to destinations.
- Handle guest confrontations and complaints in a professional manner.
- Arrange tickets, bookings, appointments and reservations for guests.
- Adhere to confidentiality policy of Chinook Winds Casino.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental and company Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate delivery of amenities, floral orders and other specialty requests by Executive Hosts or Management.
- Ensure the Elite room is maintained in a presentable manner and stocked appropriately. Complete the shift checklist on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Interpersonal-Ability to multi-task, set priorities and utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given guidelines.
Must possess strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work in a fast-paces environment.
Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Six months experience in Gaming or Hospitality in a high-volume guest service area.
One year experience in Player’s Club or other equivalent experience required.
Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
CRM or Oasis Player Rating System preferred.
Viz Explorer HostViz module experience preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Must have a valid Oregon Driver’s License
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a VIP Card within 30 days of employment
Must be able to travel occasionally