Dining Room Server - H
Responsible for providing exemplary guest service by taking and delivering orders, clearing tables, and maintaining overall appearance of buffet tables.
- Presents menus to customers and answers questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Informs customers of daily specials.
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes in preparation for serving.
- Describes and recommends wines to customers.
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pours the wines for customers.
- Writes customers food and beverage orders on order slips and enters orders into computer for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serves food and beverage orders to customers and prepares or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Collects payment from guests.
- Checks with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and takes action to correct any problems.
- Removes dishes and glasses from tables and prepares them to be sent to the kitchen.
- Cleans tables and surrounding chairs and floors after guests have finished dining and resets the table with utensils and condiments.
- Serves guests in all aspects, cleans and resets tables with utensils and condiments, cleans surrounding chairs and floor after customer leave, keeps bus station stocked and rotated with clean items and utensils.
- Stocks bus station and other areas with items and utensils.
- Fills salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiments, and napkin containers.
- Escorts customers to their tables as needed.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and appearance of designated area of responsibility.
- Performs all opening, closing, cleaning, and stocking responsibilities.
- Assists other floor personnel on an as needed basis.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
High school diploma or GED preferred
One year experience as a server
Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain OLCC within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Must obtain VIP Permit within 30 days of employment
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service
Basic math skills