Dining Room Cashier
Responsible for providing customer service by performing tasks including greeting & seating guests and totaling tickets & accepting payment.
- Operates cash registers to accept payment including monetary, coupons, and comp slips.
- Makes change when applicable.
- Greets guests and seats them at tables suitable to their needs as necessary.
- Takes, prepares, and dispenses food orders as necessary.
- Prepare cash receipts at closing.
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Speaks with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service.
- Performs general upkeep to designated areas. Stocks supplies as needed.
- Assists other floor personnel on an as needed basis.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
High school diploma or GED preferred
One year experience as host/hostess preferred
Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain OLCC within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Must obtain VIP Permit within 30 days of employment
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service
Basic math skills