Talent Acquisition Specialist - Valent North America
Valent BioSciences LLC is a worldwide leader in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of biorational products for the agriculture, public health, and forestry markets. We have more than 60 years of experience bringing biorational products to market, and our products are used in sustainable operations in 95 countries around the world. Biorational products maximize plant quality, productivity, and sustainability.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical, Valent BioSciences LLC operates with the Sumitomo Spirit mindset, which means to benefit both self and others, recognizing that private and public interests are one and the same. It’s about contributing to society, as well as making a profit.
Under the direction of the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will work closely with the hiring managers in their perspective area to understand specific position requirements and the dynamics of labor markets for a given position/location. This individual will execute full-cycle recruiting initiatives for their assigned positions and will employ sourcing strategies and resources to create talent pipelines and generate candidates for their open positions. This individual will work with the talent acquisition team to develop new and creative recruiting strategies and will conduct regular follow-ups with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of our recruiting plans. This position will be a steppingstone for future HR career development opportunities.
- Partners with managers to identify needs, job specifications, and qualifications necessary to fill positions.
- Sources passive and active candidates through online social networking and job boards, community involvement, professional networking, career fairs, local media resources, employee referrals, agency referrals and other sources as needed.
- Collaborates to develop robust sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies and launch campaigns to attract diverse talent
- Assesses potential candidates for fit within the position identified, including skills, education, and experience and competency and company culture alignment.
- Conducts pre-screening interviews by evaluating employment factors such as job experience, education, training, skills, knowledge and abilities and other data relevant to the selection process.
- Partners with HR Business Partners and managers to further evaluate candidates after on-site interviews.
- Prepares, extends, and negotiates competitive job offers on behalf of the organization.
- Builds strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR and ensures a high level of customer service.
- Provide hiring managers guidance in human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations regarding candidate selection, interview process, hiring decision, etc.
- Maintains integrity of all staffing process records within the applicant tracking system
- Strives for continuous improvement on key performance metrics such as time-to-fill and satisfaction surveys.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Strive to provide a highly positive and professional application and hiring experience to job applicants, employment candidates and employees.
- Completes recruitment projects as requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and seminars to gain additional knowledge and effectively leverage in daily work and educate others in what is learned.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in recruiting.
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter and other tools/social media as well as proactive recruiting and sourcing.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others using tact and professionalism Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Internet.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, problem resolution, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks.
- Ability to follow-up, communicate effectively and work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Desire to participate in stretch projects outside of Talent Acquisition, without prior knowledge or experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Psychology, Business, or related field.
Travel: Travel up to 10%
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, 401k matching, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us: Valent BioSciences, LLC has a strong commitment to both sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). In fact, being a responsible corporate citizen has been ingrained in our culture since the company’s founding. Today, it remains at the forefront of everything we do.
- Valent BioSciences LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or identity, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.