Automation Assembler - 2nd Shift
Pay Rate: $12.45/hr
• $1.50 premium
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Automation Assembler assembles components using automated equipment to produce fire protection sprinklers and devices for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Performs manual labor on a production line
- Responsible for inspecting all parts which include the cap washer, bulb, screw, frame, deflector with the correct stamp, and other components as the Bill of Materials requires
- Sets up the assembly line for the hydrostatic bath test to inspect the completed product
- Responsible for testing the pressure and gauge of the hydrostatic bath test
- Works off a Bill of Materials to determine which specific parts are needed
- Performs visual inspections on all finished goods and work in progress
- Responsible for operating CNC machinery and semi-automated equipment, including stamping, clamping, torque wrenches, hydrostatic testing, glass bulb testing, and component hand assembly
- Responsible for making sure the area is clean and safe by maintaining and promoting the Company's 5S program
- Works closely with the Cell Leaders, Production Assistants, and Material Handlers
- Responsible for checking parts for inventory
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Oral communication skills
- Strong hand and eye coordination in a fast pace environment
- Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Working knowledge of a manufacturing assembly line
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical principles
- Working knowledge of machines and computers
- Knowledge of standard safety practices
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in a climate controlled manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for safety glasses, gloves etc.
- Ability to perform repetitive rotation and movement of hands and wrists quickly and efficiently
- Must have good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to stand for most of the day which equates to 90% of the time
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally will be expected to lift material not to exceed 40 pounds
• months of manufacturing experience on an assembly line
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.