Work week will include Mondays off. Tuesday and Thursday 11a-7:30p. Wednesday and Fridays schedule will be 9:00a-5:30p. Under the direction of the Provider(s) and Practice Supervisor, the MA is the first point of care in the medical practice. This position assists the Provider(s) with patient procedures and may perform routine laboratory tests. This individual works hand- in- hand with the Provider(s) to achieve quality outcomes for the patient.
- Prepares exam rooms for patient use by cleaning the rooms between patients and ensuring that each room is stocked with the appropriate supplies. Prepares procedure trays as necessary.
- Triages patient phone calls, reviews patient test results, pharmacy calls and reviews patient medications. Provides patient education appropriate to patient diagnosis and quality standards established by Reid Health Physician Associates (RHPA).
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and check vital signs as needed. Interviews patients to assess needs. Records reason(s) for visit, current medications and take temperature if necessary. Instructs patients on how to prepare for physician's examination. Completes routine forms as appropriate (school physical, immunization records, etc.). Ensures chart documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with practice policy and procedure.
- Assists provider(s) with patient procedures.
- Performs lab tests in accordance with needs of patient and as directed by the Provider/Practice Manager and/or Laboratory Director.
- Schedules offsite diagnostic tests and referrals to other providers. Records procedures ordered and tracks results.
- Performs front office duties and other duties as required.
- Performs all duties respectful of confidentiality and safety of all patients, employees and providers.
- Performs prior authorizations and pre-certifications when appropriate.
- Assures that day to day patient care proceeds in an efficient, safe manner.
Education Required: Graduate of an approved school of Medical Assisting, Licensed Practical Nursing, Registered Nurse, EMT school or graduate of an Athletic Training Program. Candidates with on the job training and a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a physician's office will be considered.
Education Preferred: Associates Degree
Experience Preferred: One year experience in a medical practice
Day shift. 32 hours weekly. 8:00a-6:00p.