Requisition Number: PARAL02020
What are the general responsibilities of this important role? First and foremost, just like every other position within our company, this role will advance NewcrestImage’s core values of People come First, Communication is Knowledge, Giving is Fun, Experiences are Memorable and Response-Ability is Ours. The Real Estate Paralegal will work closely with retained counsel on commercial real estate matters, including litigation, by researching law, proofreading, preparing and reviewing documents. Additional responsibilities as follows:
- Review and prepare general correspondence, trust letters, mortgages, and statements of adjustment
- Review purchase and sale contracts
- Review, request, and order real property reports, certificates of title, title insurance, due diligence searches
- Record important dates and maintain files
- Organize closing funds
- Calendar all critical dates and contingencies
- Prepare a closing checklist, which includes outlining critical dates and the responsibilities of all parties
- Coordinate closing with all parties in the transaction, including the buyer, sellers, title insurance company, opposing counsel, and lender
- Prepare transfers/affidavits of transferees, closing documents, closing reports, and accounts
- Conduct or arrange for a title search (or order a title commitment from the title insurance company is not representing the title company)
- Draft objection letters in the event of any survey and title issues
- Draft complaint challenging a property assessment
- Coordinate a formal property appraisal report and, if necessary, prepare a notice of appeal on the valuation of the property
- Record all required real estate documents and financial statements.
- Prepare a closing binder the contains copies of all documents.
- Review contracts and leases for assignment and prepare abstracts for contracts and leases (commercial real estate)
- Obtain and prepare corporate documents, including authorization of the applicable parties to purchase/sell
- Conduct public record searches of parties, including judgment, tax liens, and UCC filings
- Order environmental assessment and address any issues
- Obtain closing figures from the bank and prorate amounts for real and property taxes, utilities, and rent
- Graduation and Certificate from an ABA approved legal assistant training program is required.
- Experience as a Paralegal is required.
- Experience with Real Estate transactions is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a 4-year program at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on real estate closings and other project deadlines.
- Must posses a valid driver's license.