Engage and participate in patient/customer journey as dictated by business and location demands including but not limited to: assisting in preliminary testing, assisting in OD exam transition, selling eyewear, and dispense/ship. Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the Company selling strategy to serve the Customer's needs and deliver daily and weekly sales goals. In addition to patient/customer facing responsibilities, associate will execute routine operational functions such as: merchandising, maintaining supplies, shipping orders, ensuring health regulations per COVID-19 and opening/closing procedures as needed.
Compliance to all Covid-19 protocols including, but not limited to:
- Observe best-in-class behaviors as it relates to social distancing and COVID 19 protocols: Install Social Distancing sign at store front. For Mall Locations advice patients to call before proceeding to the stores as signage will not be visible. Ensure chairs in waiting area are six (6) feet apart, to ensure recommended separation, where possible
- Ensure associates understand the importance of social distancing, cleaning protocols and cleaning hygiene practices: frequent handwashing, not shaking hands, cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes / nose / mouth with unwashed hands.
- Associate to provide frame tray that has been cleaned prior to while maintaining social distancing with all patients.
- Ensure patient places all selected/tried-on frames into frame trays, do not allow customers to try on frame and place back on board before cleaning both frames and trays.
- Confirm with patients prior to scheduled appointment to ensure all intake/screening questions are complete, identify essential needs & COVID-19 pre-screening are met and email Patient History paperwork to patients
- Assist in preliminary testing data collection (pre-test) as dictated by business needs. Utilize Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
- Assist in transitioning assigned patients to/from OD to sales floor and ensure comprehension of exam, answer questions as needed
- Identify customers' needs/lifestyle selling, offering current promotions, multiple pair offerings, obtaining prescription, offering our Unbeatable Price/Money-Back Satisfaction guarantee, etc.
- Responsible for shipping orders, final inspection and packaging of ordered eyewear
- Complete sale and ensure accuracy of patient information
- Inform patient ship-to-home provided for all glasses and contact lenses.
- Complete company required training programs .
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned .
- Refer customer service issues that cannot be solved to the next scheduled member of the management team.
(Key Holder) Additional responsibilities for those assigned by store leadership team: Perform all opening procedures to include: making a timely and accurate bank deposit, verify cash on hand, open POS system and sign and file POS reports. Complete all end-of-day reports, run POS reports, count cash at final closing and prepare/deliver the deposit as needed.
- Related experience preferred, but not necessary
- Optical experience preferred
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
- Ability to work a completely flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Think logically
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
Optical Specialist 2020
Associate ID #:
- Exhibit empathy in all situations
- Attention to detail
- Bend and stoop continuously
- Reach above shoulder continuously
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Store 63, Vista Ridge Mall, Lewisville, Texas, United States of America