Top Three Skills:*3-5 years of Sr. Desktop experience of supporting HP PCs and HP/Zebra printers in a corporate environment.
*Expert knowledge of supported client operating systems configuration in Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 environments, along with MS Office 365 which is a plus, but candidates are ok with only having MS Office 2010/2013 experience.
*Demonstrated working knowledge of supported client/server hardware configurations and installations, along with setting up VOIP phones.
*Understanding of basic LAN/WAN concepts and general knowledge of basic networking concepts.
Job Description: Clien has a requirement need for two Desktop Technicians in which one resource will sit at their Lewisville, TX warehouse facility, and the other resource will sit at their North Richland Hills location. Candidates will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving all desktop support issues. In addition, this position is responsible for the implementation of installations and upgrades for software and hardware. The potential candidate will be joining a team of 3 other technicians in which that will assist in supporting 500 users initially, but will be supporting up to 800 users by the of this next year.
Candidates will also be responsible for the following:
* Diagnose and resolve desktop issues of high risk and complexity
* Lead and coordinate resolution across Technology Services departmental groups where multiple end-user associates have been impacted
* May be called upon to provide basic service and repairs to PCs, printers and other desktop components
* Coordinate desktop component and phone moves affecting multiple users
* Manage multiple assignments concurrently
* Assist with implementation of installations and along with plan and prepare for hardware/software installations and upgrades
* Resolves issues of limited complexity from start to finish
* Recognize opportunities for system or procedure improvements and make recommendations
* Provide technical advice and training to others
* Handles activities of moderate risk and complexity or pieces of high risk activities
* Act as a resource or assist others on difficult technical problems
* Coordinates efforts of small team
* Identify high complex issues
Additional Information: Clients current setup in which the technical professional will need to have experience with:
* OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 (They are in the process of moving to Windows 10)
* Software: MS Office 365 (As long as candidates have experience with MS Office 2010/2013/2016 they will be fine)
* Email: Outlook
* Hardware- Full HP shop for their monitors and desktops.
* Printers: HP/Zebra and Konica Minolta Printers
* Active Directory Experience: Will be adding/deleting users
* Imaging: They currently use SCCM
* Ticketing System: Cherwell (If candidate has experience with any other ticketing system that will be fine)
* Mobile Devices: Technician will not have to deal with this aspect,
* Users Supported: 500 users now at the Lewisville location, but will have around 800 users by mid- part of next year. At the North Richland Hills location they have roughly 150-250 users there.
* Ticketing System: Currently no ticketing system in place at this time, but they are in the process of trying to implement one.
* In depth knowledge of supported application configuration and installations
* In depth knowledge of supported client/server hardware configurations and installations
* Knowledge of diagnostic tools for problem detection and resolution
* Knowledge of LAN design and inter-relatedness of distributed systems functions; understanding of basic WAN concepts.
* Candidate needs to have a basic networking background in understanding general concepts.
* For example: They have a lot of IDFs on the floor and they will need to understand what IP address they are pulling from and then determine what switch number it could be on.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.