About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners' business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
Blackhawk Network is searching for an experienced Business Insights Manager to join its Analytics team. This person will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and leveraging data to make recommendations and drive key business decisions.
This candidate is strategic, creative, organized, curious and confident in presenting ideas and solutions to internal and external clients. The Business Insights Manager utilizes multiple data sources to build best in class presentations and demonstrates the art and the science of insight creation from complex data sets. No day is ever the same in this job as the variety of work to be performed evolves weekly, but the importance of filtering different data sets to actionable solutions is the foundation of the position.
- Work with the Sales and Account Management teams to create visually compelling, data-driven presentations with actionable tactics and strategies
- Utilize a broad range of data sources, tools and analytics to identify opportunities and deliver recommendations to internal and external clients
- Work with the Space Planning team to optimize planograms for reset planning across Distribution Partners and provide metrics to increase profitability
- Engage in in-depth performance measurement, trend analysis, report generation, executive dashboard creation and program optimization to drive factors that increase sales, market share and profits
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and plans based on business data and market knowledge
- Support cross-functional projects with P&L input and/or creation, pre vs. post analysis, scenario analysis and strategic insights, leveraging knowledge of products & analogous retail environments
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal teams and external customers to analyze information needs and requirements for deliverables (ad hoc analysis).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a related field
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA Preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; an appetite for numbers and analytics
- Experience with syndicated data is an asset
- Understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Management (analysis of assortment, pricing, promotion, shelving, shopper)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite required (Excel & PowerPoint in particular)
- Experience using BI tools (Microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI etc.) is an asset
- Experience building data models to generate insights and disseminating information through data visualization (reports, automated dashboards, tables)
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively engage with senior leaders and incorporate new information into discussion to support or modify recommendations
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Proven organizational skills with attention to detail a must.
- High degree of initiative and keen sense of urgency