We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a 3rd shift Stores Operations Leader. Hours of operations will be 10:00pm-6:30am. Shift differential pay after 11pm.
Position Purpose: Oversees all functional areas including shipment receiving and processing, returns processing, transfer activity, and omni operations. Drives productivity standards of the team and coaches for maximum efficiency and performance. Primary business owner of the stock room and cash wrap.
Total store responsibilities including metric achievement, talent development, and leader on duty functions.
Total Store Accountability
- Aids in the achievement of all financial measures as well as area specific metrics.
- Key holder as required serving as a potential opener/closer for the store
- Acts as a Leader on Duty Drive sales and service engagement by coaching Reps for improvement in the moment
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Contributes to Peak planning preparation and readiness.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- Expense management ownership ensuring proper use of resources and adherence to budgetary guidelines with a focus on payroll management.
- Leads the operation reps/service hub team in daily tasks
- Prepares & communicates daily task responsibilities to staff. Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- Supports and trains associates, communicating standards and processes, company policies and procedures
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- Address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- Provides in the moment input, feedback, and coaching. If performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for performance management process
- Manages inbound freight processing per SOP and productivity guidelines completing all shipments within 24 hours of delivery.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders to replenish sales floor stock and push replenishment truck product to the floor.
- Oversees and manages the return processes following standard operating practices by assigning the proper quality codes
- Executes store to store/store to warehouse transfers in a timely manner
- Execute all aspects of omni channel business including FES orders, phone call management, and RIO’s are completed per guidelines
BOH/Service Hub Operations
- Maintains a clean, organized, and efficient stock room while adhering to operating standards and safety requirements.
- Adheres to all loss prevention policies and procedures inspecting the back of house and sales floor space for compliance.
- Is an active participant in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
- Models safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels ensuring safety remains a top priority
- Maintains the cash office per policy ensuring proper signatures, accurate reconciliation, and general organization is achieved.
- Ensure the service hub is fully stocked, free of clutter, and operating effectively.
- Accountable for cashier execution and efficiency with a focus on service delivery
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Years of Experience: 2+
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior relevant experience desired
- Store operations background
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Systems knowledge and exposure a plus (POS, Word, Excel)
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.