Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We are looking for an experienced healthcare data analyst who will assume an operational and customer-facing role within Grand Rounds’ Analytics team. The ideal candidate is mission driven, has the ability to drive impact in cross-team projects, and has a high degree of comfort presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you will be called upon to wear many hats, with sample duties potentially including owning presentations on customers’ product utilization and health trends, evaluating the effectiveness of targeted marketing campaigns, and crunching numbers for internal business intelligence initiatives. The position requires superb analytical ability and a strategic mindset but is ultimately about operational excellence, clear communication, and relationship-building.
- Participate in business reviews with key accounts (Grand Rounds’ large enterprise customers), serving as an SME on key performance metrics
- Shape and produce the content and analyses that best address our customers’ needs
- Drive scaling and efficiency improvements efforts, including automation of time-consuming manual tasks
- Partner with cross-functional technical support teams to build shared resources and collaboration
- Develop and deliver educational material for internal team members to support new skill development, healthcare industry knowledge development, and technical/non-technical best practices in support of their work
- Tackle a steady flow of unanticipated special projects
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with our Analytics, Clinical, and Account Management teams
- Learn, and apply a critical eye to, team processes for key work streams related to ROI quantification, customer reporting, marketing campaign support, and other analytics
- Familiarize yourself firsthand with our ROI processes by analyzing a sampling of patient cases and datasets, and quantifying the clinical and economic impacts
- Gain familiarity with internal tools used at Grand Rounds for analytics purposes
In Your First 60 Days:
- Identify opportunities to improve our processes’ efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in development/improvement of customer reporting materials and present analytics content to some of our largest enterprise customers
In Your First 90 Days:
- Take ownership of certain team processes including some customer report creation for analytics content
- Contribute to cross-functional projects and work streams to support internal teams
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2-4 years of experience as a healthcare data analyst. Experience in medical claims data is a significant bonus
- General healthcare industry knowledge is required
- Proficiency in Excel, GSuite, and SQL is required
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) is highly preferred; other programming languages (e.g. Python, R) are a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with peers, executives, and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage/execute cross-functional projects
- Comfort with ambiguity, significant autonomy, and a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.