Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
As a Financial Guidance Manager, you are responsible for leading and inspiring a team of high performing and highly engaged professionals that work to ensure a quality patient experience. The Financial Guidance team handles all communication, paperwork, and negotiations with health insurance carriers or providers on behalf of the plan member. You’ll be responsible for developing and growing a team of high performing and highly engaged claims support specialists.
- Delight our members. You’ll pull out all the stops to deliver a memorable experience (in a “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this fabulous service” way).
- Manage your team’s performance; establish quality thresholds and SLAs, reporting, and trend analysis
- Support quarterly customer reporting
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and monitor case movement
- Coach individual development and performance for collective team growth and business impact
- Partner with cross functional teams to provide regular feedback, participate in pilots, and drive process improvements
- Model a culture reflective of our Core Company Values
- Collaborate with peers across the Patient Care Team and throughout the broader organization
- Communicate and cascade strategic messages to your team
- Promote continuous improvement; recommending people, process and tools/software changes to meet or exceed department goals and add value to our customers/patients
- Advance our “Best Place to Work” culture built on trust balanced with performance excellence
- Self-starter, who is comfortable taking the initiative in problem solving
- 5+ years previous management experience; healthcare, customer service and/or business to business collections experience strongly preferred
- Prior work experience with claims advocacy/support or health insurance required
- Experience in billing/coding preferred
- Experience creating new processes and modifying existing processes to meet business needs
- Proven track record of driving measurable efficiency results
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency with technology; experience with google apps and customer relationship management software ideal
- Excellent attention to detail
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too.
- College degree strongly preferred (or work experience in lieu of college degree)
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately manage your responsibilities.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.