Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of Academic Coordinator / Retention Specialist.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $40,000 - $42,000
Degree Requirement: Master's Degree
- 2-3 years ESL teaching experience in a college or university setting
- Prior experience in ESL program administration
- Experience coordinating student activities
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in the area of student retention
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Experience with program and curriculum development: lesson plans, SLOs, and assessments
- Managerial background
- Ability to keep up with advances in English language teaching and the ESL market, as well as trends in international student data
- Experience having worked, taught, studied, or lived abroad
- Ability to integrate new and innovative methods
- Instruct 19-20 hours / week until student numbers increase for adjunct instructor hiring
- Maintain, develop and/or update curriculum for Bridge level students
- Maintain library database & student books.
- Determine semester schedule, Provide & assist with IIE orientation for new & returning students
- Work with Admin Assistant regarding book deposit, payments, and deposit returns
- Work with supervisor to create special short-term programs and courses for new international markets
- Oversee compliance with laws and CEA accreditation recommendations for best practices
- Maintain database of host family information
- Ensure safe living environment for students in host families (background checks, home inspections, updated information related to pets, family members, other tenants, etc.)
- Work with LCSC activities personnel to ensure broad activity programming for international students
- Provide information and promotion of campus events to international students (both IIE & college level)
- Work with LCSC support services to provide access and support for international students in Writing Center, Math Center, Tutoring Center, etc.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents
- Letter of Interest
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Application review will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer