Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Ceramic Engineer manages the day to day technical related activites for the production of quarry tile.
Major Functions & Scope:
- Conducts quality control and new product testing.
- Develops process improvements and implements new equipment and technology.
- Trains personnel to perform activities affecting quality and manufacturing processes.
- Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place.
- Documents operating procedures and checklists.
- Communicates status and quality of materials to vendors.
- Accountable for problem solving in assigned priority areas utilizing corrective measures to maintain product quality standards.
- Assists in new product start-ups in manufacturing.
- Supports the implementation of new manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires a Bachelors in Ceramic or Materials Science Engineering or related field.
- Knolwedge of ISO procedures and program.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience. Management and quality control experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to train and coach and to coordinate priorities.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).