Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service for an academic community all while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
The Cafe is a high energy, fast-paced department where your customer service, food handling, listening, problem-solving, and team-work skills will be exercised.
- Greet customers, determine their needs, answer questions, and describe upcoming and current services and products.
- Prepare and serve a variety of hot and cold food and drinks following prescribed recipes and techniques.
- Set up or restock displays, wrap, label, date, and rotate food items for sale.
- Operate equipment; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintain supplies; and perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following cleaning, sanitation, and operational standards.
- Replenish customer service stations, order/receive supplies or products, take out trash.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous food handling experience preferred.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.