Experienced Snowmaker (Lewisberry, PA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Snowmakers are no exception to creating this experience of a lifetime. Responsible for the manufactured snow production, Snowmakers are creative and tech savvy professionals laying the groundwork for an epic snow season.
- Starting Wage: $23.25
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Other Specifics: Snowmakers operate at high elevations on the mountain in varied terrain and all-weather conditions. Due to the nature of this position candidates must be able to navigate mountain conditions through various means of transportation including hiking, skis, snowboards, and various other vehicles.
- Operate all transportation vehicles as per the standard operating procedures
- Understand and teach proper snowmaking quality checks
- Assist snowmaking lead with day-to-day operations
- Understand and operate snowmaking pumps, compressors, manual and automated snowmaking guns
- Maintain snowmaking equipment and buildings as directed
- Ability to complete assigned tasks while unsupervised
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience operating/maintaining heavy machinery; snowmaking experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
The budgeted range starts at $23.25 - $25.25. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458627