jpg“ width=““1000““ height=““100““ alt=“Everyone is a Caregiver“ />
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Department: Food Service
Requisition #: 201112
Shift: Thursday through Saturday 7:00am to 7:30pm, Wednesday 1:00pm to 7:30pm
Posting Date: 12/03/2019
Location: HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, Leominster Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Host performs a wide variety of functions to ensure high quality food and nutrition service to clients on a consistent basis incorporating timely delivery of meals, proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Prepares and delivers food trays to health care patients.
- Reads production orders on color-coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray and places items including eating utensils, napkins and condiments on trays.
- Prepares food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups and beverages.
- Operates a blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places it on cart or appropriate vehicle.
- Communicates with cooks and dieticians on allergy related issues, concerns or questions.
- Serves trays to patients. Collects and stacks dirty dishes and trays.
- Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets and ovens.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Records the amount and type of special food items served to patients.
- May assemble and serve food items to healthcare staff in the cafeteria.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers and patients at all times.
- Follows all department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Meets established productivity standards.
- Facilitates and promotes the sharing of knowledge and content throughout departments.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the UMass Memorial Health System True North.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for CARES values.
- Adheres to change control processes.
- Participates in cross training to optimize department resources.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains and fosters an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required or directed. Keeps current with hospital and unit changes by reading communication boards and/or books, bulletin boards, posted notices and reads and responds to e mails on a regular basis.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work with attention to detail and quality.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen tools, serving techniques and equipment.
- Mathematical and measuring skills
- Ability to understand and comply with food service policies and procedures especially safety and cleanliness.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 1-3 years of prior high volume food service experience desired.
Standards of Respect:
jpg“ width=“600“ height=“25“ alt=“Standards of Respect“ />We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.