jpg“ width=““1000““ height=““100““ alt=“Everyone is a Caregiver“ />
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Title: Grill Cook
Department: Food Services
Requisition #: 200674
Shift: Weekends - Saturday & Sunday; 6:00am - 2:30pm
Posting Date: 11/08/2019
Location: HealthAlliance, Leominster Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Heath Care system. We're committed to improving the health of people in our community through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Grill Cook is responsible for preparing and serving foods requiring short preparation time. Prepares proper quantities and meets established food safety handling standards to ensure the highest in customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation time.
- Takes food orders via verbal instructions on food desired by customer, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut, shred and trim fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry or fish.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs/supplies.
- May prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment following all department and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Follows all department and hospital policies and procedures.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the HealthAlliance Three Pillars: Finance, Quality, and Service Excellence.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance Hospitals and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourages diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and quality is required.
- Requires good working knowledge of food preparation and kitchen equipment.
- Strong mathematical and measuring skills.
- Ability to understand and comply with food service policies and procedures especially safety and cleanliness.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- High School Diploma required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of prior food service experience desired.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
Standards of Respect:
jpg“ width=“600“ height=“25“ alt=“Standards of Respect“ />We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.