About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee's largest primary care organization with more than 300 providers at 60 practice locations in 14 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, three express clinics, central laboratory and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 260,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
The Medical office of Dr. Sayani, a division of Summit Medical Group, has an immediate opening for an experienced Credentialed Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA, CCMA) to join their office to assist with clinical tasks and scribing duties as directed by the physian. This is a full time opportunity, M-F. 8am-5pm.
- Candidate must have proven background of exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and prepares patients for examinations and procedures according to physician preferences.
- Records vital signs of patients, including pulse, blood pressure, height, weight, etc.
- Performs appropriate procedures, such as phlebotomy, injections, EKGs, holter monitors, etc.
- Assists the physician(s) with procedures, as well as administering medications and conducting patient educations.
- Scribes for physician during patient consults and exams and as required otherwise.
- Handles phone nursing when appropriate, to include triaging, pre-certs, referrals, calling in prescriptions, etc.
- Performs clerical duties necessary for the physicians to see patients; contacts patients regarding test results or for other related reasons as directed.
- If needed, schedules patient appointments with efficient use of clinical time slots.
- Maintains stocked, neat and clean exam rooms and common work areas on a daily basis.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Additional vocational or college credits required.
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
Experience: Six months of phlebotomy and clinical experience required.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
© Copyright Summit Medical Group, P.L.L.C.
1275 Dick Lonas Rd NW, Suite 201
Knoxville, TN 37909
Physician & Staff Login
Proudly serving the following counties in East Tennessee:
Knox | Loudon | Blount | Sevier | Greene | Anderson
Roane | Jefferson | Campbell | Monroe | Union