About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Command Alkon is looking for a SDET to join our team in Lenexa, Kansas and influence our journey in modernizing one of our company’s core business software – an Enterprise product solution to automate bulk materials distribution process which includes site automation technologies and integrations with other software products to maximize efficiency, profitability, and safety for our customers. This position will be responsible for defining (researching and adopting) test and automation approaches for the scrum team to test different aspects of the products, whether functional, integration, performance or end to end testing and automate those tests using API, UI and System levels. This role should have aptitude for developing thoughtful and meaningful manual test cases and implement the corresponding automation tests at API and UI level. This role also provides guidance, communicates and coordinates with scrum team to meet testing objectives. This role challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation.
You will join a Team where everyone cares about constantly improving on the “Total Experience” for our Customers. We are passionate about learning, quality, ownership, and true one-team mindset. We support each other, help each other grow, and enjoy solving complex problems together. We believe in processes but are cognizant of People over Processes mantra. And Yes, we love our open-desk environment as well. We also take pride in: bring your kids/family to work day, celebrating important personal and professional milestones, free coffee/sodas, flexible schedules, monthly employee surveys, and a dedicated culture club that focuses on lots of fun activities throughout the year.
The Tech Stack
What You'll Do
- Application development - Design, develop, and document test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios as per needed
- Project – Identify QA tasks during team sprint cycle and provide estimates on testing and automation efforts.
- Create/Write - write test cases and automate through API, UI automation as per needed
- Maintain – Developing and maintaining quality automation code and Test environments.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs
- Leader in automated API and functional testing; Work with teams to understand functionality and identify testability of functional elements
- Mentor teams on testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; Partner with other IT teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key IT teams
- Believe in competencies like Commitment, Ownership, Drive, Communication, Quality, etc.
- Complete company-wide onboarding program; Understand the core business and the underlying industry; Complete product-specific basic online courses; Be comfortable with the Team(s) and the working environment (builds, tests, development setup, etc.); Shadow others; Tackle a couple of real Jira tasks; Be ready to roar in the rest of your journey by always believing in “Together We Build Amazing!“
Within 1 Month, You'll
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related discipline with least 3 years` experience understanding QA and automation procedures
- You have 3-5 years of experience QA Role with automation responsibilities. Background in manual testing.
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests).
- Experience in developing and implementing automated test scripts within current framework and infrastructure.
- Maintain existing automated scripts and troubleshoot failures as needed.
- Review new and existing functional user stories to ensure good understanding of various client campaign requirements and write test scenarios as per needed
- Creates test plans and test cases as needed.
- Foundation knowledge in technologies like AWS/Azure, Docker, Devops, Shell scripting
- Knowledge of development concepts and industry trends/direction for cloud technologies and CI/CD concepts, specifically how to implement testing automation within the pipelines.
- You have technical expertise with:
- SoapUI, TestComplete, LoadUI)
- SQL (SQLServer)
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with agile methodologies
- Ability to work with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is a plus
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.