Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 Million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that’s been waiting for change.
TrueAccord is growing at a prodigious rate. We are encountering challenges of scale as our system approaches tens of millions of transactions per week. Our product is scaling rapidly with new large clients and new features. In this position, you will be responsible for helping to craft and guide the direction of our technology eco-system as well as tackle large implementations yourself. We welcome you to be a part of a highly collaborative and competent team where everyone is responsible for a piece of TrueAccord’s success.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a consistent track record of making productive development decisions. We highly value code quality and maintainability, and we fully embrace continuous deployment. We are primarily a functional Scala shop, so functional language experience is a huge plus.
We are a small, highly-productive engineering team that appreciates clean and elegant solutions to large and messy real-world business problems. This is a great opportunity to join an engineering team of a successful fast-growing start-up that is transforming the industry, while expanding your software engineering skills.
- Lead a stream of work from design, testing, implementation and maintenance once released
- Work closely with the TPM and our clients to collaborate on requirements
- Work closely with DevOps to prepare new applications for deployment
- Be a part of a culture of continuous improvement
- Break work down to tasks and determine path to completion
- Mentor other engineers, effectively communicate complex systems simply
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives including recruiting
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- +10 years of professional software development experience
- Expert in debugging and solving complex distributed systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting and work multi-functionally
- Ability to prioritize work in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong hands on experience in cloud technology
- Expert in implementing and deploying micro-services
- Expert in object oriented modeling
- Expert in Scala or Java Functional programming is a plus
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with a production Kubernetes installation
- Hands on experience with gRPC
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and opened a new office in Lenexa, KS in April 2019. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
We promote work/life harmony and increased productivity. Company events are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.