Do you want to watch clinical development change, or do you want to be the one to shape it?
Because we're hoping you're here for the latter.
Who are we?
We Are PRA Bioanalytical Labs, with locations in Lenexa, KS USA and Assen, Netherlands, EU.
We are part of the 16,000+ employees strong for PRA Health Sciences, operating in more than 90 countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those who need them most.
Who are you?You are a leader with a tremendous amount of scientific expertise who wants to help support and grow PRA's laboratories. In this role you will oversee the development of complex methods, ensuring the methods that are developed are rugged, robust and efficient for implementation in routine bioanalysis. You will be PRA's leading expert in Ligand Binding assays in support of pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity studies. You will be responsible for providing global scientific leadership, leading customer interface on a scientific level, laboratory strategy and innovation, leading publications and presentations in your area of expertise and interfacing with business development and marketing. You will be on the front-lines of contributing to cutting edge data from non-clinical through late-stage clinical research projects for tomorrow's most important therapies. Come join our dynamic team and be a part of the evolution of medicine; and to watch your career evolve with it! Leadership
- Manage method development team (local and global)
- Ensure appropriate scientific growth and development is available for team
- Provide support to other teams in department with the scientific development of their staff
- Supervise development of complex methods
- Promote PRA as scientific leader in industry
- Manage parts of the strategic plan for PRA bioanalytical scientific organization
- Work with team to develop scientific skills
- Business Development/Global Strategy
- Develop and nurture collaborations with key partners and other PRA Lines of Business, e.g. Product Registration
- Coordination of operations activities with business development. Ensure lab's activities match BD requirements
- Promote science team through conference involvement and other engagements such as client meetings
- Publish and present at scientific conferences to demonstrate PRA's scientific expertise
Client Interaction/Project Management
- Provide input to proposals regarding length of time for MD Project execution and specific challenges that might beencountered
- Act as project manager for method development projects
- Client interaction for strategic items
- Ensure methods that are developed are rugged, robust and efficient for implementation in routine bioanalysis
- Oversight/management of all MD projects to ensure timely execution within budget and conducted to client's expectations
- Signs off / authorizes documentation and laboratory work as defined in study plans and SOPs
- May serve as PM or study director for validation and bioanalysis projects
What do you need to have?
- PhD degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy or other laboratory related degree
- 10+ years of scientific leadership in a Bioanalytical Laboratory.
- Experience using computerized information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of international and national bioanalytical regulations, preferably some clinical trials development experience.
- Preferably knowledge of business administration principles.
- Read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language required.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.