The Production Manager is responsible for daily direction of manufacturing operations across 3-production shifts thru the effective management of supervisors and team leads to meet production, safety, and quality standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ensure all employees understand and abide by all Company safety rules, regulations, and policies.
- Ensure that safety and sanitary working conditions are maintained in the facility in accordance with Company standards, as well as state & federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees understand their OSHA rights.
- Conduct safety training topics as required or needed.
- Responsible for ensuring safety meetings, toolbox talks, and training sessions are administered consistently and with quality across the respective shifts.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting, investigation, and documentation of all accidents and near misses. Ensure root causes are properly identified and corrective actions implemented in a timely fashion.
- Promote an environmentally friendly work environment.
- Oversee all Leland production activities. Provide direction to production supervisors and team leads across multiple production areas and 3-shifts.
- Establish a sense of urgency and problem solving to meet production goals and customer commitments.
- Ensure production goals/standards are well established, recognized, and understood. Ensure daily reporting & measurement against standards. Investigate and address deviations in production and quality performance thru performance management, as required.
- Work with Production Planners & Materials Management on a daily basis to understand open customer orders and production backlogs. Work with supervisors and team leads to develop a daily production plan to ensure delivery commitments are met.
- Develop and maintain consistent turn-over and communications strategy amongst the three shifts to ensure the daily priorities are understood and the production plan is executed.
- Ensure critical operations are sufficiently staffed based on specific daily priorities and delivery commitments, making decisions to shift resources as necessary amongst departments.
- Ensure all quality, gaging, and test procedures are followed in accordance with all quality and control standards.
- Work with the quality organization in the timely investigation of warranty claims submitted thru the Victaulic PER process. Participate and/or ensure proper manufacturing personnel participation in root cause investigations and ensure all corrective actions are implemented and adhered to.
- Work with maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained in peak operating condition. Track and communicate lost time to drive maintenance priorities.
- Support and drive continuous improvement and process optimization initiatives. Initiate ideas thru involvement and knowledge of the manufacturing processes.
- Support Mfg. Engineering in new equipment purchases thru participation in reviews of concepts, proposals and designs to ensure operability, as appropriate. Support factory and site acceptances ensuring parts and manpower are provided. Be knowledgeable of these activities and provide constructive input as to the operational readiness of the process. Support start-up activities with appropriate manpower, supervision, and personal involvement to drive projects into full-production across multiple shifts, as required.
- Work with Corporate and Leland Manufacturing Engineering in support of new product launches. Participate in the development of manpower estimates and work standards to ensure production commitments are understood, accurate, and achievable at the facility level.
- Drive new product launches from start-up to full production, measured against the pre-defined throughput and quality standards by ensuring manufacturing personnel are staffed and fully trained to support launch timelines.
KEY CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated ability to teach, inspire and motivate production personnel to accomplish objectives
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy and Follow Through
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Preferably in Engineering, Business Management, Production Operations or related field of study
- Experience managing in a manufacturing setting with machine and assembly of small parts
- Comprehensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Understanding of financial reporting statements and concepts.
- Strong background in materials management principles and MRP essential
- Familiar with applicable regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ADA
- Good project management and interpersonal skills
Victaulic offers a wide variety of benefits to full time employees, which includes: medical/Rx/dental/vision insurance, PTO, company paid holidays, company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, educational reimbursement, adoption assistance, company paid EAP, 401k with company match and company paid life insurance.