Chemical operators handle and operate equipment to control chemical changes in processing plant products. They monitor the entire production process and make sure the chemical plant runs safely and efficiently. The role of the incumbent is to use knowledge and skills in operating chemical process equipment to fulfill the production needs of the organization and to perform those tasks required to the operating instructions accompanying each scheduled job or project. This position is located in Leland, North Carolina.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams, and by conducting safety audits.
- Follow all company policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 22716-Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) guidelines for cosmetics ingredients.
- Follow processing instructions, document all requested data and report all variances 01' unexpected results immediately to supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance and general housekeeping
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain SWP3 and SPCC compliance in handling storm water.
- Handle projects from start to finish per processing instructions and training.
- Load and unload raw materials, intermediates, and finished products into and out of various storage tanks and pieces of process equipment including reactors, pumps, and centrifuges.
- Operate a variety of process and utility support equipment properly.
- Monitor reactions properly and keep accurate and thorough records.
- Be familiar with the hazards and characteristics of all materials and reactions used in assigned projects.
- Notify supervisors anytime questions arise 01' the process deviates from plans.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and order in the work area, meeting department and housekeeping standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the hazards and characteristics of all materials used in assigned projects (found on MSDS and SOP documents) and wear approved PPE.
- Experience in a previous chemical operating position is preferred. All employees must undergo internal safety training with onsite SHE/ Training Manager.
- Physical Requirements: Employees must be available to work eight (8) to twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotating schedule which includes days and nights. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb, bend and stoop; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While working in this job the employee is frequently exposed to weather conditions including occasional extreme heat and cold. Must possess the ability to wear a respirator.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.