Primary functions of the job:
Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist lab staff and the Quality Control Manager in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solid and liquid products. The Technician will perform in-process and final product testing. The Technician must have the ability to work unsupervised, use good laboratory etiquette, have the ability to trouble shoot problems and have good communication skills.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by proper use of PPE and maintaining a clean and safe work space. Participate in safety programs, committees, or teams, and by conducting safety audits.
- ollow all company policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 22716—Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) guidelines for cosmetics.
- Maintain clean instruments and equipment.
- Carefully record, report, and interpret all data; in process, final and instrument for project integrity and interpretation.
- Check documents, methods and procedures.
- Perform peer reviews for completed testing.
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials and supplies. Inform the Quality Control Manager if levels are below determined stock limits.
- Carry out routine pilot scale reactions using a wide range of laboratory equipment such as glassware, mini reactor vessels and fume hoods.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized instructions and SOPs.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications such as Bromine Index.
- Set up and conduct chemical and physical tests and analyses using techniques and instruments such as gas chromatography, auto titrators, KF titrators, tintometer, refractometer, viscometer, and others.
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists, the production and engineering team, analytical staff and the Management Team as necessary.
- Assist in developing and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Process sample request shipments.
- Perform weigh outs of Raw Materials.
- Perform inspections on jerricans, drums and totes.
- Torque lids on jerricans, drums and totes to 75ft/pounds using a manual torque wrench.
- Qualifications include a minimum of 3-5 years of chemical technician experience or an Associate’s degree in Chemistry (or related field.)
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing/chemical plant environment is preferred, but not required.
- Must be available for a flexible schedule including days and nights. This is a production facility that operates 24/7/365 and the Technician will be working a rotating shift consisting of 12 hour shifts which includes days and nights, weekends and holidays. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to safely lift 45 pounds.
- Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.