Patrols the grounds and buildings of the Center. Performs a variety of tasks while working under general supervision. Reports any suspicious activity and safety concerns. Welcome shoppers and provide general info. Must be at least 23 years old and have 5 years of driving experience.
Schedule: Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Wage: $12.50/hr DOE. Position also receives PTO and holiday pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol the property both on foot and by vehicle, being visible and observant at all times.
- Maintain the security cellular phone and professionally respond to all calls for service within the Center.
- Ensure the safety, comfort and satisfaction of the shopping public by always exhibiting a professional and helpful attitude.
- Ensure critical areas of the property are monitored.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all security operations, policies and procedures.
- Document security activity using appropriate corporate and center security forms, always ensuring the work product is concise, accurate, and thorough.
- Assist the Center Management in implementing the center's Security work plan; assigned work activities, projects and programs.
- Perform all duties according to OSHA established health and safety standards.
- Assist the Security Supervisor and Security Director in training new security personnel.
- Comply with all Corporate and Security policies and procedures that pertain to the Center.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with store managers, employees, and police department on an on going basis to enhance the security and safety of all employees and the general public.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- 0 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Valid Driver's License and must pass driver insurability screening.
- Ability to effectively respond to issues both verbally and in writing.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems with limited information, and then recommend a resolution.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures.
PHYSICAL and/or MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
These physical and mental demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee must possess strength, stamina and mobility by walking considerable distances in the facility during the course of the work shift to perform duties out of doors in all weather conditions, use of hands and fingers to write reports, stand for prolonged periods of time in an upright position for continuous periods, bend to lift and move materials weighing up to 60 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; near acuity for clarity of vision at 20 feet or more with or without corrective lenses; vision to read printed materials; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and/or radio.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.