Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies problems, and provides solutions, with great emphasis on Cycle Time adherence.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Executes house starts within prescribed budgets, validating work completion prior to vendor payment. Properly negotiate best value when Variance Purchase Orders (VPOs) are required, along with obtaining authorization for reporting manager for any indirect construction expenses required to manage the job site.
- Ensures compliance of development, architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, municipality inspectors, and employees.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of final punch lists.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures job trailers are in compliance with the company's safety standards. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company's safety policy.
- Maintains a clean and organized community to include- but not limited to- homes under construction, finished inventory homes, model homes, empty lots, common areas, and construction office.
- Oversees erosion control in conformance with SWPPP regulations.
- Eliant Customer Satisfaction- ensure high levels of satisfaction in Home Delivery, Overall Construction, and Workmanship Material categories, along with both timely home delivery and cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a “roll-up-your-sleeves“ personality and is comfortable working “hands-on.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required: Emphasis in Construction Management preferred, but not required.
- Three plus years of experience in project management with production residential homebuilder: Multi-family experience preferred.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Familiarity with Hyphen Solutions applications (BuildPro/SupplyPro) preferred, but not required.