Requisition Number: TECHM01436
Core Competencies / Responsibilities:
- Detect, diagnose and repairs coaches concentrating on major complicated / complex problems including but are not limited to; ADA equipment, air conditioning, brakes, chassis, cooling system, engine, interior/exterior lighting, gauges and controls, safety equipment, fire suppression system, sensitive edges, tires and transmissions
- Performs both in-house and road call coach repairs using various hand, power, pneumatic and precision tools
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment per manufactures recommendations or client requests
- Utilizes computer diagnostic equipment to include but not limited to; Cummins Insite, Allison prognostics, complex electrical schematics; ladder logic diagrams, VANSCO and DINEX coach control systems to diagnose troubleshoot coach electrical functions
- Researches and evaluates coach problems, provides comprehensive analysis to management in both written and oral format
- Assists Foreman to tracks trends, parts usage and costs utilizing work orders, preventative maintenance sheets, road calls and experience
- Test coaches for proper working order including road-driving tests
- Fills out work orders specifying parts and labor
- Answers questions and assists Mechanic B and Mechanic C by providing professional direction
- Performs on-the –job instruction to Mechanic B and Mechanic C pertaining to diagnosis and operational theory
- Inspects reviews and evaluates work performance
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with heavy equipment required
- ASE Transit Certification preferred with an expectation to pursue additional certifications
- Two (2) years technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Additional training from mechanical/technical schools, courses or seminars desirable
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with complex diagnostic computer equipment and software required
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the design, adjustment, and overhaul of ADA equipment, air conditioning, brakes, chassis, cooling system, engine, interior/exterior lighting, gauges and controls, safety equipment, fire suppression system and sensitive edges, tires and transmissions
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, have ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Must have leadership skills and ability to mentor and provide instruction
- Must have good communication skills, ability to both verbally and in written format document questions and diagnostic information to management personnel
- Must be able to perform physical activities including working on top of coaches and lifting up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be flexible and work in a 24/7 environment
- Must have clean driving record and a Commercial Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally work may be accomplished outdoors in extreme weather condition (hot and/or cold);
- Regularly performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, hands, and legs and moving the whole body, such as walking, standing, lifting, climbing, bending and handling materials; occasionally exposed to extreme heat/cold conditions; is frequently exposed to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals in a ventilated maintenance shop.
- May walk and/or stand for over 6 hours per day; Works with personal computer (PC), laptop, Complex electrical schematics, diagnostic software and various testing devices;
- May use electronic hand-held device (cell phone, two way-radio); works around heavy machinery.
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.