As a Systems Engineer you will be focused on the infrastructure for new products, leveraging AWS to scale and managing the service day to day.
- Participate in technology initiatives including the future use of NFS, RDS, SQL on Windows and Linux.
- Partner with managing large-scale distributed systems and services
- Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications
- Ensure that systems and services move smoothly from concept to production environments that have 100% uptime requirements
- Document Standard Operating Procedures
- Build tools to automate processes to continuously improve efficiency in system deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Automating existing infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation as required
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in supporting .Net stacks
- Windows 2012R2 + knowledge and experience including 2-3 years maintaining, troubleshooting, and performing performance analysis and tuning
- Linux knowledge and experience including 1+ years maintaining, troubleshooting, and performing performance analysis and tuning
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services management. This includes but is not limited to EC2, VPC, S3, and Route53.
- Must have scripting experience.
- Experience with .Net IIS Stack and tuning
- Experience with Oracle querying and systems management, MySQL.
- Skillset in systems management tools such as Ansible along with other open source software (Terraform, Consul, vagrant, etc.)
- PowerShell, bash and python scripting.
- Knowledge of .Net Application Servers administration and tuning
- Experience with Oracle (preferably in RDS) and MySQL
- Experience designing and building highly-available, high-volume environments, ideally in a SaaS or commodity websites with 24x7 100% uptime goals
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).