Requisition Number: DISPA01442
Core Competencies / Responsibilities
- Ensure that each driver reports at their scheduled work shift time
- In charge of notifying customers of service delays and interruptions via software
- Answer customer calls and give directions and ETA
- Arrange coverage for any call offs within driver staffing
- Ensure all operators pull out on time
- Provide written documentation of incidents which may require follow-up action but not limited to call outs by operators
- Communicate clearly with others both verbally and in writing using the English language
- Promptly provide client with information on location and ETA
- Make cost-effective and operationally efficient decisions regarding assignment or movement of trips and/or drivers
- Monitor Transit Radio System (TRS) messages of radio actives of bus and sedan operators in the field
- Monitor AVL screen to identify and prevent late running routes and to optimize utilization of standby and/or extra board resources based on proximity to affected destinations
- Maintain Dispatch Communication log and complete all applicable documentation
- Perform various administrative duties; answer incoming calls, courtesy calls and filing etc.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid CDL
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to multitask
- Ability to shift priorities and make decisions on detours when necessary
- Previous experience in the transit industry either as a driver or dispatcher, preferably in a paratransit environment a plus
- Must be dependable with reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Computer literate using a Windows-based computer operating systems, which includes Excel
- Strong knowledge of the service area (Multi County area including DC)
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and communicate at all times in a professional and courteous manor
- Must able to work in a union environment
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and background check
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.