Quality Control Analyst III in Lebanon, NJ
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Quality Control Analyst III is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by performing raw materials testing according to USP, EP, JP, FCC, ASTM, AOCS, and/or methods provided by clients.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Perform more complex non-routine instrumental analysis and wet chemistry analysis in response to customer inquiries and projects required. This includes writing protocols, developing methods, performing method validations, and method verifications.
- Perform complex testing related to compendial monographs and general chapters; Saponification/Hydroxyl/Acid/Iodine Value, IR/UV analysis, Assay by GC/HPLC analysis, Limit Test by GC HS, ICP-MS analysis, Atomic Absorption spectrometry, etc.
- Perform all analysis including measurements, computations, tabulation, reporting and other laboratory related duties as per cGMP.
- Maintain laboratory records related to all testing activities assuring that they are accurate and up to date.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment as per manufacturers recommendations and companys Preventive Maintenance program.
- Contract review and laboratory review of testing performed by analysts.
- Conduct technical training for new hires.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and other laboratory management when needed.
- Assist in client audits, conduct OOS investigations, and complete CAPA requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a degree in a science related field and a minimum of 5 years laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience in GC.
- Prior work experience in a contract testing laboratory setting and knowledge of USP, EP, JP, FCC, ASTM, and AOCS compendial testing
- Experience with Empower III Software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.