Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, provide nursing unit with efficient and appropriate assistance with selected patient and unit needs. May also perform a variety of clerical duties and various tasks to provide a well-supplied, safe, and clean patient unit. Possess direct access to drug products and secure medication locations in order to manage the storage. , handling, and disposal of medications consistent with the Medication Storage and Handling Policy.
1) Participates in admission process for patients including room set up after EVS clean to ensure room is ready for next patient.
2) Greets patient upon arrival and complete standard admission tasks.
3) Participates in assisting the patient with readiness for discharge gathering patient belongings, including items from pharmacy or the safe, assist patient with getting dressed.
4) Completes room strip down after discharge.
5) Returns meds to pharmacy return bin from med cart.
6) Completes medication conveyance per Medication Storage and Handling Policy.
7) Completes hourly rounding for patient experience on all assigned patients to include safety checks per unit standards utilizing a rounding script/checklist.
8) Delivers meal trays and set patients up to eat.
9) Sets patients up and assist patients with the completion of personal care and provide clean hospital gown, and change linens .
10) Performs patient sitting for patients requiring 1:1 after successful completion of required learning activities.
11) Assists with lifting, positioning, and dressing of patients.
12) Perform quality checks of glucometers every 24 hours.
13) Answers call lights and direct patient needs to appropriate resources.
14) Stocks equipment from central location to nurse server as needed to ensure unit is well supplied and monitor for expired supplies.
15) Assists with the maintenance of overall unit organization and cleanliness.
16) Answers phones and handle calls appropriately.
17) Admits/Discharges patients from central station. Maintains chart information that is up to date, organized, and in compliance with Health Information Services (HIS) requirements.
18) Performs other duties as required or assigned.
USA position as support staff for the ED (USA 402796).
*use this job description and add the following in the on –line description
Critical Care Equipment Management –cleaning, preparing, re-supplying, and managing repairs of high end equipment/carts in Emergency Department
Inventory Management– restock, update, clean, arrange repairs, manage supplies/carts, procedural equipment, stretchers, beds, ultrasound equipment, telehealth equipment (assists providers to utilize telehealth equipment).
Transportation/Safety – transfer patients to/from the Emergency Department to Radiology, Operating Room, Inpatient Units, Procedural units.
Chaperone – provide non-licensed chaperone/observation duties
Patient Safety – function as a sitter for impaired patients (neurological impaired, psychiatric sitter), assist patients with activities of daily living (Transfer/slide devices, ceiling lifts, dressing patients, setting up meal trays, ambulating patients). Ensures secure medication handling/storage.
Environment of care – assists with room turnover, cleaning, and restocking
Schedule: Monday – Friday 11am to 7pm
ü High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
ü 18 years or older.
ü The ability to function in a past paced work environment with excellent organizational, customer service, and prioritization skills required
ü The ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality care to patients
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: