The purpose of the position is to safely apply products to a wide range of crops and sites while operating and maintaining Company equipment. This includes building and maintaining customer relations through expert application of Crop Protection and fertilizer products and providing feedback to customers, location managers of weeds, insects or fertility problems that they note during application.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Load, handle, and apply dry and liquid fertilizer, lime, and crop protection products
- Understand and safely operate the application equipment assigned
- Utilize the information supplied and the technology in the application equipment to ensure that the right products at the right rates are applied and billed to the right fields and customers
- Assist in the mixing, loading, unloading and transporting of Crop Protection and fertilizer products
- Consistently follows all laws, regulations, and safety rules (including PPE) in handling and applying products and storing chemicals
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment and plant
- Maintain positive communication with the supervisor and grower as needed
- Assist with scouting, product transportation and various services for producers
- Properly complete necessary paperwork and records
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Class A CDL with Hazmat, Tanker, Doubles and Triples endorsements or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Category 1 and 14 Applicators license or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Operate various types of application equipment and mechanically inclined
- Be familiar with crop chemicals, farming practices, crop characteristics, and weed identifications.
- Have an understanding of safe working conditions and operations of vehicles
- Be willing and able to work extended hours six or seven days a week during busy seasons
- Be willing and able to work well with others, to take and give constructive criticism, and to lend a helping hand
- Must continue to grow and learn through meetings, training, industry publications, and others.
- Possess the willingness to adapt to changing application technologies as well as seasonal variations in workload responsibilities
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Accurately locate application site and read field maps
- Excellent driving record
Co-Alliance offers a comprehensive benefit program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Pension program, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, Vacation and much more.