Requisition Number: NURSI03213
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance, and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom, and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion, and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
ATI Nursing Education (atitesting.com) is the leading provider of online instruction, remediation, analytics, and consulting solutions for nursing programs. Founded in 1998, ATI uses progressive data analytics and compelling content to help nursing students master core content, develop into practice-ready nurses, and succeed on the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). Together with nursing schools, we’re preparing the next generation of nurse leaders, ready to provide skilled and safe nursing care in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace. Currently, ATI works with 20,000+ nurse educators, 2,500 nursing programs, and 225,000+ students.
As a Nursing Education Consultant, you will join a dynamic team with a passion for creating the best products in the market for nursing education. This position can work remotely from a home office supporting the Northeast region.
- Provide Consultation Services and professional presentations
- Content development related to consultation topics/modules
- Develop virtual and on-site workshops with a focus on faculty development and program development
- Brainstorm and conceptualize new products
- Help develop product specifications
- Market Analysis (of the nursing market trends and competitors)
Education and Experience
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
- Master’s degree in Nursing required; PhD or DNP preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience required
- CNE preferred
- Proficiency in basic technologies, specifically Microsoft Office, strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven comfort level and expertise presenting to small and large group audiences in person, via conference call and/or in web-enabled environments using PowerPoint and other technologies
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and succeed in a competitive environment
- Experience with traditional and concept- based curricula and simulation strongly preferred
- Experience as a consultant or director desired
- Excellent speaking and writing skills, with attention to detail
- Strong team attitude towards working with colleagues
- Strong desire to make a difference in nursing education at the program and faculty level
- Ability to travel easily to schools across the country
- Personal level of comfort in traveling independently
- Ability to adapt quickly to change planned delivery in challenging/unexpected environments
- Ability to organize workflow to ensure maximum coverage and optimal results as it relates to client outcomes
- Broad background of experience and expertise highly desirable, for example:
- Past experience as a chair or active member of curriculum and evaluation committees
- Accreditation chair or team member site visitor
- In-depth knowledge of active learning strategies, including simulation in a nursing program
- Knowledge of how to write NCLEX-style items; interpret item analyses; develop test blueprints at the program and course level
- Ability to analyze and apply an understanding of current issues impacting nursing education and practice
- Experience in nursing administration
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.