Guided by the agency's mission “To reduce recidivism among those we touch,“ the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction is looking for a dedicated security-minded health professional to assume the responsibilities of a Program Administrator 3 (QIC)
Position Specific Minimum Qualification: Requires current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
Updates/changes to your application submission can be made while the posting is open by logging into your profile and editing the application. After the posting closes, no changes can be made.
This position programs direction by acting for Superior and by relieving Superior of most difficult administrative duties.
- Organizes, plans, develops and implements a comprehensive medical, mental health and recovery services quality assurance evaluation and monitoring program within the institution(s) to assure services delivered meet applicable standards and/or court orders (e.g., monitoring and evaluation of healthcare clinical activities, risk management including a critical review of major occurrences, utilization review, peer review, credentials monitoring and clinical competence monitoring)
- Analyzes and evaluates the data generated and reports finding to institution staff and applicable Office of Correctional Health Care Administrators;
- Documents and/or reviews in the electronic health record documentation.
- Facilitates the planning and implementation of remedial action as indicated
- Formulates and implements program policies and procedures.
- Chairs the institutional medical, mental health and recovery services quality assurance committees.
- Assumes responsibility for the duties of the institution health care administrator and/or psych nurse supervisor during their absence.
- Investigates and responds to inquiries about healthcare concerns raised by inmates, and other interested parties.
- Plans, conducts, evaluates, and reports healthcare quality assurance surveys (e.g., inmate/patient satisfaction surveys, staff satisfaction surveys, needs assessments and issues specific surveys identified by any aspect of the medical, mental health and/or recovery services quality assurance process).
- Monitors healthcare services compliance with state and federal regulations, standards and court orders and reports findings to administrator and central office.
- Conducts staff training on quality assurance policies, procedures and issues.
- Attends conferences, trainings and meetings as directed.
Completion of undergraduate core program in business administration, management or public administration; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative &/or managerial position.
- Or completion of undergraduate core program for academic field of study commensurate with program area to be assigned per approved Position Description on File; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative, managerial &/or staff position involving planning, research &/or policy/procedure development.
- Or 5 yrs. trg. or 5 yrs. exp. in business administration, management or public administration.
- Or 1 yr. exp. as Program Administrator 2, 63123.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.