Public Health Nurse, Immunization Coordinator
Classification: Full Time, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $52,000 - $58,250
Lake County Public Health Agency (LCPHA), an EOE employer, seeks a full-time Public Health Nurse. This person will provide a variety of public health nursing services including assessments and education to ensure the health and welfare of Lake County families and communities.
This person will supervise the immunization program, and will include immunization clinics, Tuberculosis testing along with care coordination if needed, community outreach programs, and grant responsibilities. This person will report to the Director.
This position pays a competitive salary, depending upon experience. This position is funded by Lake County, State of Colorado, and Federal funds. If the funding is reduced or discontinued, this position may be reduced or discontinued.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advocates for clients and families while providing public health nursing to assure the availability and accessibility of health care services.
- Screens and Immunizes clients through the life span.
- Maintain and manage vaccine storage and handling.
- Maintain, monitor, and arrange for maintenance for equipment.
- Comply with State and National Standards of Immunization competencies.
- Perform communicable disease surveillance and education in coordination with state epidemiologists.
- Provides case management for Tuberculosis clients.
- Works with the Public Health Director to collect, compile, and analyze data to identify needs and service gaps for communities, families, and individuals.
- Provides consultation for the medical and health community.
- Provides health teaching, education, referrals, and resources to prevent disease and promote wellness for individuals, families, and community partners.
- Implements community health services and programs.
- Provides clinic services including immunizations, screenings, family planning and blood lead testing.
- Participates in community health assessments and development of plans to address community health concerns.
- Attends regular staff meetings, retreats, conferences, committee meetings and state/local trainings for coordination and implementation of programs.
- Participates in emergency preparedness and response activities as related to public health.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Associate Degree in Nursing with a bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered. Associate Degree in Nursing with public health nursing experience or 5 years of general nursing experience will also be considered.
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in CO.
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Public contact experience in a service-related field with the ability to remain flexible and sensitive to a clientele diverse in age, ethnicity, and maturity.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Effectively communicate and work with co-workers, clients, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to apply conflict resolution and problems solving skills to minimize negative personal impact.
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, with strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and ability to complete quality work amidst multiple, competing priorities.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Current COVID 19 vaccinations
- Completion of ICS 100, 200 and 700, 800 courses within 6 months of hire
- Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish.
Lake County Benefits - Full-Time Employees
As a reflection of the value we place on the contributions of our employees, the County offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Please review the 2023 Benefits Guide for full details. The Guide provides information on Lake County Government's benefit offerings, including:
- Employer-Sponsored Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- 100% Employer Paid Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer-Sponsored Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- 401(a) and 457(b) Employer Matched Retirement Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Days and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Discounts on concerts, major sporting events, electronics, travel, cars and more!
Lake County Benefits - Part-Time Employees
Lake County is also proud to offer paid sick time off, Public Health Emergency Leave, and flexible work schedules for our part-time employees.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Assistance or accommodation during the application process due to a disability is available upon request.
Notice of Emergency/Disaster Responsibilities
All Lake County Employees may be required to work as a Disaster Service Worker when a local declaration of emergency or disaster is declared by the Board of County Commissioners.
Please note that this job description does not intend to cover or contain a full comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.