FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hiring Range: $45,000-$50,000
This employee will perform a variety of minor, and some major, mechanical repairs to gasoline or diesel powered automotive, heavy construction and other power-driven equipment including changing tires, oil and filters and general vehicle maintenance; and does related work as required.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs diagnostic tests using electronic communication software, web base and loaded electronic programs on various systems and related sub-systems as it pertains to preventative maintenance services.
- Uses a laptop/desktop to input accurate and detailed descriptions of the day's work activities.
- Ensures work area is kept clean, organized and that other shop areas are organized to prevent accidents/injuries as required.
- Services and repairs vehicles, equipment and attachments to manufacturer standards, Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Fleet Management Section Operating Procedures (FMSOP).
- May respond to on-call after hours and Lake County emergencies.
- Ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public, other employees and individuals from a variety of groups and agencies.
- Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete the necessary paperwork, reports, and documentation.
- Ability to complete duties with minimal supervision.
- Should have at least 2 years previous experience.
- Have basic tools and tools storage.
- Must have or obtain a Class A or B CDL within 6 months of Employment.
- Must meet physical requirements established by the DOT and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish.
Lake County Benefits - Full-Time Employees
As a reflection of the value we place on the contributions of our employees, the County offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Please review the 2023 Benefits Guide for full details. The Guide provides information on Lake County Government's benefit offerings, including:
- Employer-Sponsored Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- 100% Employer Paid Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer-Sponsored Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- 401(a) and 457(b) Employer Matched Retirement Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Days and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Discounts on concerts, major sporting events, electronics, travel, cars and more!
Lake County Benefits - Part-Time Employees
Lake County is also proud to offer paid sick time off, Public Health Emergency Leave, and flexible work schedules for our part-time employees.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Assistance or accommodation during the application process due to a disability is available upon request.
Notice of Emergency/Disaster Responsibilities
All Lake County Employees may be required to work as a Disaster Service Worker when a local declaration of emergency or disaster is declared by the Board of County Commissioners.
Please note that this job description does not intend to cover or contain a full comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.