PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Technical Machine Helper is responsible for assisting in meeting production schedules, maintaining compliance to company and customer quality standards and policies. In addition, the Technical Helper is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace. The Technical Helper must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer needs.
Peachtree Packaging & Display offers medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, and critical illness insurance plans. Additionally, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, quarterly bonus programs, FSA plans, and a 401k (100% match up to 6% & vested at 90 days!) plan. These benefits are offered after 90 days of continuous employment.
Shift Available: 1st Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM 2nd Shift: Mon.-Thursday. 3:30 PM to 2:00 AM
$17-$19/hour + bonus opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist operator with gathering all tooling for jobs on machine center production list including Printing Plates, Ink, Cutting Dies, and Dunnage.
- Assist in completing necessary documentation and reports using the computer system.
- Return old tooling back to its proper locations.
- Maintain general housekeeping around the responsible machine centers throughout the shift.
- Assist machine operators as needed and be responsible to learn the next step in the line of progression to relieve operators.
- Assist with hanging printing plates.
- Start wash-up and ink cycles.
- Stack at design speed while monitoring quality and unit appearance.
- Assist with setting up load formers for the next order.
- Follows all applicable safe operating procedures and safety rules.
- Follow all PPE policies, including gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection as required.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 6 months of manufacturing/production experience is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing machinery; Stackers, Pressers, Corrugating, Folders, Cutters, Gluers.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure to a 1/16th of an inch.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Ability to use specific computer software to enter and utilize information in our computer business systems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a team-oriented environment.
- Assist other areas as needed to maintain a team approach.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Walking, talking, twisting, reaching, hearing, and vision are required over 95% of the time while pushing and pulling are required about 15% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time, and bending is required about 20% of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) are required about 80% of the time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 50 pounds) are required less than 10% of the time.
- Employer-paid basic life & long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer pays 60% of premiums for employees & legal dependents)
- Supplemental life, short-term disability, accident & critical illness insurance plans also available
- FSA (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k (6% match & vested at 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays & paid time off
*All benefits listed above are available at 90 days of continuous employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment opportunities. Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal employment in employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis.