The Sr Telecom Engineer is responsible for analysis of all types of telecommunication invoices with the goal of finding billing errors, or cost savings, to ensure the invoices are accurate. Will Establish and maintain professional relationships with telecommunication vendors as well as internal customers and departments. Acts as a mentor and lead for first level staff issue resolution for TEM analysts. Coordinates issues resolution with TEM QA engineer and TEM Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives general direction while independently determining and developing an approach to a wide range of difficult Voice and Telecom problems or solutions.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the organization's objectives and budgetary constraints.
- Work is reviewed periodically during assignments and at major milestones for policy compliance and alignment with project requirements.
- Possesses solid oral and written communication skills, in-depth technical, analytical and project management skills.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Remedies ticket resolution and serves as an escalation point for other Engineers.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves voice and telecom problems.
- Configures, tests, and maintains phone switches and telecom equipment and related services.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Requires technical degree, certification or equivalent experience.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems and networking.
- Requires knowledge of TCP/IP protocol; requires knowledge of networking hardware and ability to use that knowledge to configure and maintain installed systems.