Looking for a challenging and exciting career opportunity as a Product Development Engineer? Imagine being a team member of Ricoh Electronics, Inc (REI) with a rich history of environmental conservation, community involvement, and steady company growth. REI is one of 229 consolidated companies, which comprise Ricoh Company, Ltd., a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras and industrial systems. REI produces thermal media and toner products at our facilities in Lawrenceville and Buford, GA.
REI is seeking to hire two (2) Product Development Engineer II to join their existing team of highly inspired engineers. The Product Development Engineer II will play a vital role of supporting research and development projects related to thermal media products (design, implementation, and improvement phases) and its applications in the label industry. You will have the opportunity to apply your hands-on technical knowledge and skills, and problem-solving skills to continuously improve the efficiency of our operations, and help the Industrial Media Solutions achieve its goal of ensuring successful delivery of high-quality products.
Product Development Engineer II Responsibilities:
- Designs assigned elements of new and improved products by researching materials and processing methods and developing formulations to meet customer requirements, support product continuous improvements, and adapt products for introduction into American markets.
- Conducts patent investigations to support formulation development.
- Prepares experimental designs and conducts laboratory-scale testing and evaluation on assigned elements.
- Develops or modifies production processes associated with product development and innovation.
- Defines equipment requirements and specifications, and reviews production techniques or methods.
- Conducts production-scale and pre-mass production testing.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications.
- Investigates and determines the root cause and recommends countermeasures for production problems related to product formulation or production process design.
- Plans assignments and prepares periodic progress reports.
- Executes assignment to plan and adjusts schedule and activities to achieve targets.
- May prepare and deliver presentations to management on project results and product recommendations.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
- Daily interaction with other Research and Development staff. Regular interaction with Purchasing, Technical Support (QA), Sales, Production, and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
- Works on routine to moderately complex issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Qualified candidates will possess
Product Development Engineer Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years' experience in a manufacturing and/or laboratory environment (including internship or co-op experience)
- Chemical Engineering research and skills.
- Good understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and detailed oriented skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems under pressure and within time constraints.
- Experience preparing and presenting project plans and progress reports for senior management.
- Experience working with R&D, Purchasing, QA, Sales and Production staff to meet project time-lines; project management skills.
- Self-motivated, driven, promotes personal and group interaction, energetic, quick learner, innovative and eager to work in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong math and data analysis skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Power-Point required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, safety-conscious manufacturing environment.
Product Development Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- Thermal Media or related industry experience (paper, silicone, or adhesive applications) or any work involving thermal label applications highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of practical application of research and development from lab to final product with chemical engineering concepts and techniques to the development and enhancement of thermal media products (paper, silicone, or adhesive applications), preferred.
- Basic knowledge of non-durable product supply chain and industries related to thermal media, such as printers and ink preferred.
AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free Workplace