Master Service Technician
Purpose of Position:
Peachtree Packaging & Display is in search of a dedicated Master Service Technician who is willing to put in the necessary time and effort in order to help keep our plant operating efficiently and as scheduled. This individual will be a leader on the Maintenance team and will help the company implement 5S, Lean practices, and other continuous improvements to enhance production where needed.
Peachtree Packaging & Display offers medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, and critical illness insurance plans. Additionally, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, FSA plans, and a 401k plan. These benefits are offered after 90 days of continuous employment.
Schedule: Friday-Sunday 5 AM to 6 PM (overtime as needed) - no travel required!
Salary: $100,000+/yr. (commensurate with experience)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will include a broad and ever-changing scope of responsibilities.
- Works for and reports to the Operations Director.
- Oversees and manages maintenance personnel and projects.
- Assists with continuous improvement of the production facility in regard to planning and execution of improvement projects.
- Provide support when an issue occurs that is beyond the maintenance helper’s ability to resolve.
- Manages and builds upon existing PM program for equipment.
- Continuously working to keep unscheduled downtime to a minimum.
- Manage existing Work Order and Inventory Management software.
- Ensure that the entire plant is operating within OSHA and NFPA compliance.
- Work with upper management to keep the plant and all manufacturing assets on a continuous improvement path for quality and efficiency.
- Support new equipment installs and existing equipment relocations as needed.
- Design and implement components and devices that improve our equipment.
- Expand and build upon our library of machined parts so that we can have them made locally.
- Identify weak points in our equipment and in our automation and assist with developing and implementing solutions to resolve the weak points.
- Must be able to weekends and long hours, as needed.
- Bachelors of Science or Technical Associates Degree in an Industrial Engineering or Mechatronics field required.
- Experience working with and on corrugated industrial machinery and automation required.
- Good communication and team coordination skills.
- Strong leadership skills to take on tasks and see them through with minimal management.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial machinery.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems.
- Strong organizational skills and the foresight for continuous improvement at the plant level.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- AUTOCAD skills with the ability to design and detail mechanical components.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and process flow diagrams.
- Independent and self-motivated but also able to work well with others.
- PLC knowledge and understanding.
- Siemens S7series Programming skills are a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Servo Driven systems.
Physical Demands of the Essential Functions:
Walking, talking, twisting, reaching, hearing, and vision are required over 95% of the time while pushing and pulling are required about 15% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time, and bending is required about 20% of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) are required about 80% of the time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 50 pounds) are required less than 10% of the time.
- Employer-paid basic life & long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer pays 60% of premiums for employees & legal dependents)
- Supplemental life, short-term disability, accident & critical illness insurance plans also available
- FSA (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k (6% match & vested at 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays & paid time off
*All benefits listed above are available at 90 days of continuous employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment opportunities. Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal employment in employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis.