Ink & Tooling Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Ink & Tooling Coordinator helps support the ink and tooling department, including washing print plates, pulling, and organizing tooling, and assisting the ink team when needed.
Peachtree Packaging & Display offers medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, and critical illness insurance plans. Additionally, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, quarterly bonus programs, FSA plans, and a 401k (100% match up to 6% & vested at 90 days!) plan. These benefits are offered after 90 days of continuous employment.
Pay: $16+/hr. (commensurate with experience) + daily production bonus opportunities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Employee safety is the number one goal. Always obey all plant safety rules and wear all required safety equipment.
- Work hours for this position will be 7:00AM – 3:30PM Monday through Friday. Overtime will be mandatory when required.
- Quality is our Standard. Must be careful when handling all tooling. Tooling is to be treated in a manner to protect the tooling from any damage.
- Dies and Tooling have sharp areas that can cause physical harm. Must exercise caution when handling.
- Must understand the impact that damaged, lost or missing tooling has on our company.
- Jobs that are scheduled to be run must have tooling accounted for prior to the end of the day.
- Must understand the production schedule and how to insure that dies are available for the jobs to prevent delays in the production plant.
- You are required to maintain a clean and organized workspace at all times.
- Must be able to operate a scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to use MS Excel to log die locations.
Print Plate Washing
- Each Day you are to pull the dirty plates from the presses and take them to the ink Room.
- These plates are to be washed and hung up in the drying rack daily.
- Plates shall be pulled 2 times per day. Once at shift start and one at 1:30. The plates pulled that day shall be washed that day.
- The empty transfer racks shall be returned to the press immediately after they are emptied.
- If the plates are on the wash and return rack, they are to be washed, hung back on the rack and returned to the press once they are all washed.
Die Pulling and organization.
- Each Day You will pull the Dies that are scheduled to be run that day. You will also need to put away the dies that are in the Queue and have been run.
- Any and all movement of the dies will be tracked through our scanning system.
- When you pull a die from the storage rack to the Queue, you will scan the bar code label on the die and then scan the Queue bar code of the slot you place the die in. Once you are done you must post the transaction(s).
- When you take back dies that have been run you will scan them in the same manner as described above back into their permanent location.
- If a die has been tagged for repair, you will scan it to the repair bin located next to the back door.
- When a die comes back from repair it must be put away in its permanent slot and paper work is to be turned in.
- Each day as you complete the above tasks you will need to assist in other areas of the ink and tooling department as needed.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Ability to use specific computer software to enter and utilize information in our computer business systems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematics including additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other inspection equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a team-oriented environment.
- Assist other areas as needed to maintain a team approach.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Standing, walking, talking, hearing, and vision are required over 95% of the time. Bending, twisting, and reaching are required less than 95% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time, while pushing and pulling is required about 20% of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) are required about 10% of the time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 50 pounds) are required less than 5% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment opportunity. Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal employment in employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis.
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Work authorization: (Required)
United States (Required)
- Employer-paid basic life & long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer pays 60% of premiums for employees & legal dependents)
- Supplemental life, short-term disability, accident & critical illness insurance plans also available
- FSA (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k (6% match & vested at 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays & paid time off
*All benefits listed above are available at 90 days of continuous employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment opportunities. Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal employment in employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis.