Room Service Ambassador (2 of 2 in a Combined Role)
St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) combined with another role as a Team Lead Nutrition
- Serve meals to patient in a personalized, professional, efficient manner
- Instructs patients on meal ordering system
- Assists patient in placing meal orders
- Assesses the patients capabilities to utilize the meal order system
- Communicates with healthcare team to ensure the patients nutritional intake
- Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees regardless of cultural background.
- Service: Deliver and serve patient meals using service excellence standards. Utilize the AIDET model when interacting with internal and external customers. Demonstrate professional and courteous behavior. Resolve patient meal issues quickly and with a positive outcome.
- Service: Introduce and assess patients to meal ordering system, be familiar with diet types and restrictions, recognize special needs of patient and provide assistance.
- Service: Communicate positively with assigned nursing unit personnel to facilitate: proper glucose monitoring, appropriate menu delivery, timely resolution of patient meal concerns and special situations.
- Service: Inventory, order and replenish bulk food supplies known as floor stocks on assigned nursing unit.
- Cash handling: Monitor and maintain effective cash handling and accounting practices regarding patient guest tray service
- Quality: Consistent use of proper hand hygiene, isolation procedures and hair restraints throughout the room service process. Role model clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Quality: Compliance with all local, state, federal and medical center regulatory, safety, sanitation and security standards. Participates in performance improvement (PI) studies, assist with data collection and supports action plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED.