Photochemistry Research Scientist - Postdoc
Alpha Consulting Corp. Lawrence Township, NJ
PHOTOCHEMISTRY RESEARCH SCIENTIST - POSTDOC
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct chemistry lab work on an internal grant, jointly supported by Discovery and CSD, to develop photochemistry methodology. The reaction methodology that is developed will then be implemented in a parallel synthesis environment for the production of chemical libraries.
- This individual will participate in synthesis planning and execution of the day-to-day work on the project and will be expected to work independently.
- The ability to contribute to continuous process improvements is also expected.
- The candidate that is selected will have an opportunity to gain industrial experience in both process development and parallel synthesis.
Scope of Work:
- Use of high-throughput experimentation (HTE) techniques to explore photochemistry reactions.
- Identification of potential library-amenable catalyst systems and reaction conditions.
- Optimization of reaction parameters to maximize yield and substrate scope.
- Demonstrate methods for scaling up photochemical reactions from microscale screening.
- Synthesis of test libraries on vial-scale using the internal photoreactor.
- Translation of selected reactions to gram-scale using flow photochemistry setup.
- Development of library protocols based on optimized screening conditions.
- Integration of reactions into standard library workflow.
- Employ successful methodologies in the synthesis of a series of fragment deck enhancement libraries.
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, preferably with 1-3 years of relevant experience in industry.
- Knowledge of the practical and theoretical aspects of synthetic organic chemistry, including photochemistry.
- Operational and theoretical understanding of HPLC, UPLC, GC, NMR.
- Good basic analytical lab operational skills (pipettors, balances, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot common laboratory equipment.
- Strong computer skills and experience with electronic notebooks.
- Ability to work in a methodical and organized fashion.
- Ability to read and follow method or research protocols.
- Ability to write in a concise fashion in order to record all pertinent data in lab notebook.
- Demonstrate scientific/technical proficiency.
- Good verbal communication.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Karen: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-00967
W2 ONLY MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE