Sells business unit products and services to owners or agents of homes, stores or industries. Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests. Prepares proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts. Assists in the collection of payments and scheduling of services.
- Sells business unit products and services to owners or agents of homes, stores, or industry.
- Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests.
- Prepares proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
- Covers sales leads in assigned territory and develops sales leads creatively for each lead furnished.
- Records accurate measurements and writes correct descriptions of property inspected.
- Prepares appropriate specifications and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations and company policy.
- Computes job-treating cost from company pricing instructions.
- Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sale.
- Manages collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts.
- Advises customers about other products and services.
- Deals courteously with customers, leaving customer's premises and furnishings clean and as found.
- Contacts customers after service is performed to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop additional prospects.
- Reports unusual requests from customers or questions not immediately answerable to direct supervisor.
- Maintains prospect files, call-back files and activity records.
- Maintains equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in clean, working order.
- Examines architectural drawings and specifications; prepares estimates for soil pre- treatment bids.
- Completes appropriate training courses as assigned.
- Aware of location and telephone number of local poison control centers.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required
- 0-3 or more months related experience and/or training in sales and dealing with the public; or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred Maintains knowledge of pests and chemicals used in treatment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Skill in creating sales leads and cross-selling company products and services
- Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company policy
- Maintains relevant licenses as required by federal, state or local regulations for termite/pest control and any other business unit products and services
- Maintains a valid driver's license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.