The Merchandising Team Manager is responsible for managing all customer facing store merchandising; including placement of new receipts, visual presentation, floor sets, customer Omni experience and more to drive store profitability. The Merchandising Team Manager is an exempt position, reporting to the Store Manager.
- Partner with the visual team to ensure that sales associate standards training takes place on a regular basis, and that new-hires participate in this training once they come on the sales floor.
- Proactively plan for new receipts and anticipate the need to adjust product flow accordingly.
- Lead the Merchandising Team to present merchandise consistent with visual and merchandising standards
- Ensure the timely floor setup, including signage, for promotional events and seasonal business activity
- Ensure direction of playbook and seasonal merchandise meetings
- Manage the maintenance of the floor and stock areas consistent with store standards and use discretion to tailor standards to store needs.
- Lead team to drive the Customer Experience both in store and Omni
- Partner with the Sales Team Manager (STM) and visual associates to support the overall management of merchandise presentation of the store
- Recruit, interview, and select and retain quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintain high store associate engagement. Provide efficient, timely communication of policies and other information.
- Responsible for addressing all concerns or problems that develop within your team.
- Ensure all associates receive and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Train support direct reports in correct processes and procedures.
- Provide effective coaching, to direct reports.
- Conduct timely performance management process and communicate development needs with subordinates.
- Set goals and identify areas for improvement for direct reports.
- Utilize the corrective action process to consistently document and coach poor performers you identify.
- Communicate with direct reports on possible career paths and advancement opportunities.
- Develop and promote a diverse team.
- Responsible for driving business results and customer experience through strong leadership of team.
- Open and close the store, including weekends
- Approve select point of sale transactions such as returns and voids.
- Resolve escalated customer service issues as needed.
- Understand and be able to use and train direct reports on all building operating systems.
- Manage and lead entire store when store manager is not available.
- Identify store and team needs and drive solutions to enhance store profitability.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level: Intermediate Level
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in retail management.
- Significant leadership experience
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in computer business-related computer equipment and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
Supervisor: Store Manager
Supervises: Merchandising Team and Operations Team
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the “Americans with Disabilities Act,“ and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.